Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

photo.JPG

At the end of the summer we headed to Ogden for a football game and decided to spend the night and make a quick family getaway weekend out of it.  In the morning the family and I went to the farmers market and it was there that I encountered a hand made mint limeade.  It was made in a mason jar by this super cute hippy guy and I could have stood in front of his booth and drunk one all day long.

Since the beginning of September I've been trying to copy the recipe with little success.  However, over Thanksgiving weekend I found a recipe for a basic limeade and then I went to town creating my own.

The perfect mint limeade.

Here's what you'll need to make 2 quarts of most refreshing drink around:
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup sugar (I used raw, pure cane sugar (that's why it's brown) but you could use whatever you'd like.)
6 cups water
10 mint leaves, bruised
crushed ice

Add the water, lime juice, and sugar to a pitcher.  Wash mint leaves and rough them up a bit in your hand or on a cutting board.  Add the mint leaves and mix everything together.  Put some crushed ice (the Ice Berg, Sonic, and Hires sell theirs) and add the mixture to the ice.

I promise you will drink the entire 2 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment