Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Corn Salsa

IMG_2702

One of my most favorite things to eat is a Barbacoa Fajita Burrito from Chipotle. I'm a total wimp when it comes to bringing on the heat, but I honestly cannot get enough of the corn salsa (the medium salsa) that they will put on my burrito.

After some investigating, I found a couple knock-offs and just did my best to combine what I liked. The grown-ups in our house devoured the stuff.

"Chipotle" Corn Salsa
12-14 oz. cooked corn (I used frozen but cannot wait until the end of July when real corn is in season and I'll roast it first)
1 small red onion
2 jalapenos (no seeds or veins for mild, add veins and seeds for heat)
2 small vine ripe tomatoes (you could probably do without these if you wanted)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Juice from 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop, mix, chill for a couple of hours.

Eat it all in about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment